Apart from different translations of the original text, more on which can be found here, the following sources have helped me tremendously in creating this website:
Multimedia on this website are mostly taken from the following sources:
For more background information on the Heike Monogatari I refer to the following texts:
Hōgen monogatari (保元物語)
- Wilson, W. R. (2001). Hogen Monogatari: Tale of the Disorder in Hogen. Cornell Univ East Asia Program. (First published as a Monumenta Nipponica monograph in 1971)
Heiji monogatari (平治物語)
- Chalitpatanangune, M. (1987). Heiji Monogatari: A Study and Annotated Translation of the Oldest Text. Ph.D. dissertation, University of California, Berkeley.
Hōjōki (方丈記) by Kamo no Chōmei (鴨 長明)
- English translation by Robert N. Lawson: LINK
Tsurezuregusa (徒然草) by Yoshida Kenkō (吉田 兼好)
- Sansom, G. (1911). The Tzuredzure gusa of Yoshida no Kaneyoshi. Asiatic Society of Japan Transactions, 39.
- Porter, W. N. (1914). The Miscellany of a Japanese Priest. London: Humphrey Milford. LINK
- Keene, D. (1998). Essays in Idleness: The Tsurezuregusa of Kenkō. New York: Columbia University Press.